RSS feeds are helpful if you keep up with them. I had one last year, and maybe had too many subscriptions; it was very much like e-mail as the Google engineer says in his tutorial. Unfortunately, I'm one of those folks who subscribes to several listsrvs; I spend a fair amount of time deleting mail from my inboxes.
But with RSS feeds, however, I can check once every few days and not feel I'm missing something crucial. And some of the feeds can replace my listsrvs, or my email subscription - I've been reading Unshelved for several years, and sometimes have to delete it before I read it because it comes via e-mail.
The way a teacher can use feeds to communicate with students is cool. I'm going to look more into this possibility. I've encouraged my students in my Information Literacy class to email me with questions, but I bet using feeds and other 2.0 tools would be fun, not just inviting.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment