So wonderful to find Worldebooks and through them, the Children's collection and other collections. Such wonderful classics and little known 19th and early 20th century editions. The graphics of the original covers make the experience so rich. Thank heavens for those who love books so much that they volunteer to enter and to those non-profits and universities who develop. Thanks also to the advertisers; if only inappropriate ads would not show up so often on the sites we have explored.
Why not use LibraryThing to "collect" OP or public domain books, catalog them, and put them in my personal library?
I had used Gutenberg before; I'm confused that I need to register. Perhaps I have even done so and do not remember.
I am going to show some of my faculty these sites.
I used to use audio books from my public library years ago when I had a long commute to work during the core (pun intended) time of the Big Dig. We listened to the Odyssey, Moby Dick, as well as Mike Mulligan, Disney books and many others. The audio books for kids (not the Odyssey) often came with the book, so he could look at the pictures and turn the pages as the tape proceeded.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment